Senior Front-End Developer
Published a month ago · Barcelona office
B-Reel Barcelona is looking for a senior front-end developer to join our expanding team - someone with a deep and up-to-date understanding of web technologies and its possibilities, with a focus on product development (long-lasting complex web projects)
Our desired candidates should possess an outstanding eye for detail and execution while being an excellent team player eager to learn and mentor others. Be able to translate complex designs into code and passion to deliver great user experiences. Someone eager to improve the development process using the technology that better suits the project.
You should also be a proactive and collaborative problem solver that can propose creative technical solutions and has strong opinions about tech, frameworks and new technologies while having an outstanding organizational capacity while being able to prioritize and communicate tasks together with other team members.
Requirements and qualifications:
- 4+ year’s experience working as a senior front-end developer (Masters degree in CS or an engineering preferred) with a focus on product development.
- Proven experience with any of the following modern frameworks: NextJS/React, NuxtJS/Vue, Svelte.
- An understanding of major browsers and the special considerations required for each.
- Development and consumption of HTTP APIs such as RESTful and GraphQL.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors and code driven animations & transitions (GSAP or similar).
- Experience with Git working in multi-developer teams and CI/CD.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent English language and communication skills.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating technological prowess, ideas and executional ability.
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud services like AWS, GCP, Firebase and/or serverless approaches like cloud functions, or API’s (JAMStack)
- Experience with graphics programming or shading languages (Three.JS - WebGL).
- Server-side development experience (Node.js, PHP, serverless, etc).
B-Reel is an independent creative agency that operates at the intersection of storytelling, technology and culture. With 5 nimble offices in Europe and the US, we’ve organised ourselves around change and forward motion since 1999 working with clients like Google, Nike, Gorillaz or LVMH. We try to live, hire, work and play according to one simple belief: The most interested people make the most interesting things. We are on an exciting journey as an agency, growing even during the current pandemic times thanks to our fast adapter culture and focus on digital communication and products.
Barcelona is a small, relatively young (7 years) studio in the Group. Right now, we are taking all COVID-19 safety recommendations and we are WFH but our fantastic office is located in Poble Nou district. A formerly industrial area that has become the perfect place for tech innovation businesses and new start-ups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Deadline—August 1st, 2022
We believe in the magic of being interested. In the world; its culture, craft, technology, and above all, its people. Interested in problems great and small, and their unexpected solutions.
In seeing every project as an opportunity to challenge how things have always been done. To create new ways to engage people, use technology, and work
In being stubbornly independent and deliberately lean. 5 nimble offices with one shared culture of curiosity. Designed for change and forward motion.